J&N Skips FAQ
Most people have skips placed on their driveways. Please be aware that the stabilising equipment on our lorries, or the weight of the skip itself, can in very rare cases cause damage to driveways. Skips can be placed on public roads, but only if a permit to do so is secured from your local authority. If you want to place a skip on a traffic sensitive road, red route or parking bay, then you will be charged to do so by the day.
Yes. We will obtain any permit needed from your borough council on your behalf. Keep in mind that every borough charges different prices, ranging from £35 to £60. Permits can be requested for periods between 14 and 28 days. As they can take up to 5 working days to obtain, please ensure you book in advance.
You may want to consider using our wait-and-load rubbish service. For light loads, end-of-site clearances and garden waste, this can often works out more cost effective, and you won’t need a permit. One of our drivers will come and wait with the skip for 45 minutes, and within this time you will need to load the skip. If you send us multiple pictures of your rubbish we can offer you a quote over the phone.
All skips are for general and inert waste only, and must be level loaded to ensure they can be safely transported. Due to waste regulations the following items cannot be placed in a skip:
- Car batteries
- Clinical waste
- “Smelly” waste
- Large tree roots/logs
- Hazardous/corrosive substances
- Oily wastes
- Fridges, freezers and washing machines
- We can obtain any permit needed on your behalf
- Permits can take up to 7 Working days to process, so please request them in advance
- Bromley, Croydon and Sutton – 3 working days.
- Lambeth, Lewisham, Merton, Wandsworth and Kingston – 5 Working Days
- Southwark – 7 Working Days
- We offer free, no-obligation quotes
- Additional Fees: Fridges, Mattresses, Plasterboard.
- Unacceptable Waste: Tyres, Fires & Asbestos.
- Under not circumstances can you mix Muck (Mud, Soil, Slug) with Hardcore!
- (Please call: 02086037363 to enquire about pricing)
Have a different question for the J&N Skips team? Call us now on : 02086037363
We aim to recycle 95% of waste collected and use registered land fields.